Monday 3 September 2012

How to make yourself feel better ...

So today I had to go to the dentist. 
And I HATE the dentist. I really have had the worst time with my teeth, 2 operations, 5 tooth removals and 7 years of braces. Yes, obviously some people have it worse but for me it become this emotional issue. The lovely Dr A, who has dealt with me for about 2 years and did both my operation, has been so good with me. He even told me to go and get sedatives from the normal doctor. But when I got back from the dentist, where I had burst into tears before I had even had my local anaesthetic, I felt awful, both physically and mentally. And I did some things to make me feel better or as right as rain!
So here is my list of things that help me feel better, whether I am feeling poorly or just down in the dumps.

1. Take a nap, even if it is just for 30 minutes
2. Eat your favourite foods even break your diet
3.Watch a movie or a tv show
3. Dance, ok maybe not if you feel ill but if your feel sad it can do wonders
4. Phone a friend, a friendly voice and random chats can take your mind off anything
5. Cute animals, internet people, pictures and videos or a real life pet
6. Colour in, seriously, it take you back to being a kid and its its fun

If you have any other ways you make yourself feel better comment below!

Always, Hol x

No comments:

Post a Comment